Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Overwhelmed

Or maybe I'm just disorganized so it feels like I'm overwhelmed and stressed out to the max? We moved to our new building at work on Friday, April 15th. The building still is not finished. I have been serenaded by the painters every day this week, in Spanish. It's a shame I don't know what they are singing to me. While I do enjoy listening to music while I work, I have been trying to knock out the minutes from our last board meeting. This requires me listening to the recordings. Not easy to do when you have painters playing music and singing, and you have ear buds that are useless. Packing and the move has kept me from working on these but I have to get them done before tomorrow. On top of that, I have a shit ton of things that need to get done. I'm drowning to be honest. I've just about made my way to the top of the water but I'm still struggling. I have not unpacked. There are several reasons why I haven't but the main one is I'm trying to play catch-up for the 3 days I was down without a computer due to the move and the fact that my area was not complete when we moved. Let me also mention that the brilliant MAN who chose the built-ins for my area installed filing drawers that are too freaking small to hold letter size folders. I wish I were kidding. It really is a sore spot with me. So basically, I have four drawers meant for files that can't be used for files. How bout them apples. So, I have to figure out an alternate space to put files I use on a daily/weekly basis. Let me mention that the space will most likely be in a file/storage room around the corner from me. It only gets better y'all but I won't bore you with more stupid crap about work. 

Tomorrow is a new day, and I am super thankful for another day. Another friend who was taken entirely too young has once again reminded our community that life is a gift. You should live life to the fullest every day and not let singing painters and too small filing drawers bring you down. I should be clear, i don't mind the singing painters, in fact, it's awesome to hear them singing while they work and not complaining. It's just that I need to get minutes done now. Friday I'll sing with them. Heck, I'll introduce them to some George, Merle, Waylon, Willie and Johnny. Lol!!

On a brighter note, I'm down 4 lbs. and I will have a good butt because I forgot to mention that the elevator is not running yet either so stairs it has been since the 15th. Oh yeah...I'm on the third floor. 

Cheers y'all!! 

No comments: