Friday, April 1, 2016

Longest Week

Its not just me, I have heard several people say this has been the longest week ever. Lets not even talk about the lack of sleep I've had or the quiet days at the office which make for really long days.  The good news is, its Friday and y'all know I love that.

Bella had a program at school last night so I left work early to get her picked up, fed and up to the school by 5:45.  She played herself...a monkey.  She has a hooded vest that has ears on the hat so she was fine wearing that for her monkey costume.  I was fine with that as well seeing as the Little Bo Peep costume from last year's program is still hanging in the closet collecting dust.  That was $40 well spent.  I couldn't even convince her it would make a great Halloween costume when the time came.  Oh well.

My girl is to the right of the yellow kid with the black hooded vest on, right above the Curious George monkey.  Let me say this child is so complete opposite of her brother.  She sang every song, did all the movements and was a little clown.  Christopher participated but was not the least bit animated like his sister.


Here she is during her speaking part...she nailed it!


And after...picture with Mommy is a must.

Y'all...I was so happy to be smiling and breathing.  I had sat down at a table, minding my own business waiting for the program to start when these two ladies sat across from me.  One of them had bathed in perfume prior to arriving.  Oh my gosh, it was awful.  Not only was it entirely too much perfume but it didn't even smell nice.  I seriously wanted to hold a sign up saying "its NOT me".  Thankfully, once the program started they moved up to get better pictures.  I could breathe again!!  Seriously people, if you have to put that much perfume on, you either need to take a real bath or you have something else much worse going on.  Ugh.

After the program we made a trip to the grocery store to pick up a few things.  A few things that came to $132 later.  But according to my children, we have food in the house again.  Good thing because I wouldn't want them withering away or you know, dying of starvation.  #itwillneverhappen #thereisalwaysfood  #mykidsaresodramatic

I also checked on the garden when I got home.  Stuff is popping up everywhere.  The first greenbeans we planted are up but the others we planted a few days later aren't yet.  I have baby toms growing, onions and tators coming up as well.  And since I can't remember where we planted the cucumbers, squash, zucchini and cantaloupe, I'm going to say its all coming up.  Let me clarify, I know which two rows goodies are planted on but I can't remember the order or placement of it all.  I knew I should have picked up the cute little garden stakes I saw at Target.  

 I guess that's about it for now.  The cool front is here and man it is super windy outside.  My girl had a great idea for Mommy to make a pot of soup this evening for supper.  Y'all have a good one.

No comments: