Monday, November 2, 2015

One Wet & Soggy Halloween

To say Halloween was a little disappointing for my resident 6 year old is an understatement.  We had lots of fun with friends and family but the trick or treating this year was a total bust.

We spent a good part of the day making treats to take to our friends house in the evening.  I have always wanted to make pumpkin bread so I finally gave it a shot.  The recipe came from our Popp Family Cookbook so I knew it had to be a good one.  All reviews have been good.  Tony thinks it needs more cinnamon and nutmeg but personally, I think it tastes perfect the way it is.  Next up, we iced the cake balls made the previous weekend.  Let me take this moment to once again voice my disdain for cake balls.  I was reminded why this was only the second time to make them and how it will be an extremely long time before we make them again.  The whole process is a pain to me and not enjoyable at all.  And if I'm being totally honest, I don't even really like cake balls.  They are much too sweet for this girl.  Bella wanted to make them, so I obliged.

Here's my cake ball sprinkles decorator...


This was Thursday evening. We made ghost lollipops for her daycare class.  She's showing off her ghost face. :)

I ended up also making brownies for that evening too. I put candy corns on top for decoration but they all melted in the oven.  I didn't wait long enough before I put them on. Oh well.  I didn't hear any complaints from those who enjoyed them.

Bella opted to be a kitty cat this year.  She was going to wear her costume from last year but we couldn't find it. Love it when this girl makes momma's life easy peasy.  Here we are about to walk out the door...


First stop was Uncle Tony's house.  Can I just say this girl went shy on us when she ran the doorbell and he opened the door.  We kept telling her to say "trick or treat".  She just hung her head down like she didn't know the guy standing the doorway.  What the heck?!?  Christopher was like "trick or treat Uncle Tony" and kindly received a handful of candy even though he wasn't dressed up.  We finally let Bella go inside, mainly because we all got tired of standing there waiting for the famous words to roll off her tongue.  

One of the gals at brother's work made this for him....


He spent a good part of Saturday trying to find someone who sold dry ice.  He finally scored some at the grocery store in Freeport.  He had it going for everyone to see.  He also was kind enough to stick a couple of my beers in it so I had one while we were there.  

Bella finally started warming up to Tony and kept whispering in his ear "trick or treat".  Lil Toot!


We watched a little bit of the Texas-Iowa State game (let's not go any further than that) and then we headed out to Heather and Javie's house. I was met at the door with a cold beer and a smile!  Love my red-headed devil...


My other momma was also there.  Love getting my hugs from her...


And believe it or not, I snagged not one but TWO pictures with my handsome son!! 
Love this kid! 



We had a fun night.  The rain never really let up so Bella got treats from Uncle Tony and Mr. Javie.  Mr. Javie filled her bucket so it looked like she had been to several houses.  He spoils that girl and loves doing it.  His little nephew was chasing her around and he kept saying "I don't like this".  He's also very protective of her.  My poor girl is going to have a heckuva time when dating rolls around.  Between her daddy, brother, uncles and Mr. Javie, no boy will stand a chance.  Momma will just have to stand up for them.  Thankfully, we have several years yet before I have to worry about that.  

I hope y'all had a great Halloween!  Now, let's bring on the turkey!!

Have a good one! 



No comments: