Monday, November 23, 2015

Nuffin' Done

Absolutely no Christmas went up this weekend.  I was feeling icky Friday night after the kids left so I warmed up some soup, put on my comfy jammies, cozied up on the sofa with a quilt and watched tv.


I took something to help me sleep so with no kids I didn't wake up until 9:00 Saturday morning.  It was blissful.  My friend Callie and her boyfriend wanted to go to Market Days in town so we went there about noonish. She purchased a beautiful Christmas swag for her front door.  I didn't buy a single item.  Nothing really jumped out at me.  I mean a lot jumped out at me for myself but I was strictly looking for Christmas gift ideas for the kids and nothing really grabbed me.  We were there a good two hours and then went to Shady's for a late lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon visiting and hanging out.  It was a good day spent with friends.


Sunday my babies came home around lunch time. It was just cold enough and still wet outside so I didn't feel like putting Christmas up out there and I couldn't get in the mood to pull everything out for the inside.  It takes more than a day for me to decorate and with the cleaning lady coming Monday, I didn't want to have stuff strung out everywhere so we watched Christmas movies, snuggled and took naps.  Bella and I made a quick run to the grocery store because I was determined to make chili for supper since it was finally cold enough for me.  Around 4:00 we loaded up to head to the fairgrounds to pick up the items Cindy (or rather Makenna & Brandon) didn't sell at the 4-H booth at Market Days.  Makenna had a soccer game in Houston so they couldn't get back in time for the shut down. We came home and I started on the chili and let me tell you, it was so good. I love the first pot of chili for the season.  We ended the day with more Christmas movies and snuggling.

Before I leave, I must brag a bit on my Christopher.  Check out our new pallet coffee table the boy made in Ag class.....



Isn't it awesome?  I LOVE it.  The legs are cedar posts that were in a scrap pile and the top of the table is ceramic tile.  He put casters on it so its easy to move around which is good because its heavy. I have really enjoyed it.  He had it set in place and decorated when I came home Friday.  I can't wait for his next project!!

Hope y'all are having a great turkey week!

No comments: