Friday, November 20, 2015

Hat Day and Its Friday

Its hat day at school today and I had two monkeys ready for it this morning...


Brady came to our house this morning so I could take him to school.  Sister and Kenna had an early morning so Brady hung out for a bit with us. Poor kid.  As you know Bella is all about taking a picture for momma.  Brady was like okay but do I have to stand so close to her?  Cuties.

The kids get out of school early today.  I'm so jealous.  The monkeys were rubbing it in too...  

Brady:  Mimi...we get out at 1:30 today.  What do you get out?
Me:  5:00
Brady AND Bella:  Hahahahahahahahaha!!

Little stinkers.  I do wish I was getting off work early today as do I wish I was off the entire week next week but I'm not so I must suck it up!  We will spending Thanksgiving at daddy's.  We had family dinner the other night and he asked me if I would make dressing.  Of course I will.  We love my dressing.  I asked later if there was anything else I could bring with the dressing and he said, "my favorite pumpkin pie".  So I will make that as well. I've been perusing vegetable recipes this week so I may find one or two to make since we have a shortage of vegetables on the menu.  I saw a recipe for Bourbon Maple-Glazed Carrots that look really yummy but neither of my children would touch them.  They will both eat raw carrots but if you cook them, they will turn their noses up.  Its a texture thing.  And I love me some green bean casserole but again there's the kid thing and I found out several years back that my daddy has never really cared for it.  Craziness.  That year I did make Pioneer Woman's version of it and it was a hit.  Even daddy liked it.  Besides carrots and lettuce, Bella is not a fan of vegetables.  Chris loves green beans but put them in a casserole and he's done.  Maybe he will come around one day. He has with a lot.  Just takes time.  It did for me as well.

Well enough about Thanksgiving dinner because I'm getting hungry and my breakfast is my usual dry cereal.  Aren't you jealous?  

Y'all have a great Friday and super weekend!  I'm stagging it for part of the weekend as my babies will be off to their dad's for a bit.  I see Christmas decor in my weekend...  

No comments: