Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Backwards Turkey

Today was "Turn Your Back On Disrespect" day at school and my girl was all over it.  You had to wear yellow or wear your clothes backwards. Bella claimed both!  She even requested to have her hair in a bun so you could really see her backwards shirt.


Funny how different your children are.  I know this to be true because there are some things my siblings and I are complete opposites about.  Take the weather for instance.  My sister loves the summer, loves the beach, loves being hot..the whole nine yards.  I, on the other hand, hate the summer.  Period. I prefer the cold.  This time of year is my absolute favorite, although Mother Nature needs to wake up and get with the program already!  This morning after Bella got dressed I told her to show off her outfit to her brother.  He just shook his head.  He was never one to participate in days like this at school.  He even voiced his disdain to it.  "More power to you sister but you'll never catch me doing that."  He just doesn't like standing out in the crowd.  Poor kid is just like his momma.    

Sunday I spent the day taking down Halloween stuff and changing up my my Fall decorations a bit.  I snapped a pic of the place mats I mentioned the other day.  So cute.


I used my lantern from Canton as my centerpiece for the table.  Loving it. I should tell you that not only is the lantern from Canton but my burlap runner and leaf runner are also from Canton.  In fact, those were some of my finds two years ago.  The leaf runner if pretty cool because you can manipulate the leaves if you want.  I would LOVE to showcase it on a mantel!  Sadly, I don't have one.  One of these days Missy, one of these days.


Right now, the table does not have the extra leaf in it so it currently seats four. However, I have been thinking about expanding for the holidays because the table decor I have in mind needs a bigger table.  Ha!  Lucky for me, this one expands.  Thanks momma ;)  

We will see how long before I can't stand it anymore and start breaking out the Christmas decor.  I'm good for now.  

Y'all have a good one.

No comments: