Monday, August 24, 2015

Cross Country

Saturday Christopher had his first cross country meet in Cypress.  Bella and I made the trip Saturday morning to go see the stud run.  My only suggestion is there be a map on a board or something handed out to parents so they know the route the kids will be taking. I lucked out and stalked followed another family around that looked like they knew where the kids were running.  I wanted to be able to scream at cheer for my kid as he ran by, show my support and all.

almost looks like he's biting his nails because he's nervous...


Lined up ready to go.  Not sure what he was pointing at.  
He didn't remember either.


Get set...

 Here he comes...

There he is...

 And there he goes...

I tried to get in place to catch him sprinting on the last leg.  Y'all, I don't know where this kids gets his energy to sprint at the end of a two mile run but he does.  Its like he has a switch he flips and bam, he's gone! And let me tell you, its really awesome to watch.  I was trying to get into a good spot to snap a pic of  him coming to the finish line.  Momma was too slow.  Here he is after.  14.27 was his time.    



And his proud little sister.  Good job bubba!

After the race, Bella and I made our way back home and stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch.  We ended up actually having breakfast and it was so good.  I have to tell y'all a quick story about our time there.  We were seated at a little 2 seat table.  Bella was tired and hungry so she was sitting in my lap, not facing the table but the aisle.  I felt like she was sliding down so I went to pull her up.  Well I didn't realize she was partly under the table because when I pulled her up she let out a scream  and just started crying.  Y'all, I thought the two ladies seated next us were going to call the police and cps on me.  I felt so bad, I just kept apologizing and rocking Bella telling her how sorry I was and I didn't realize she was under the table. Those ladies really knew how to give the evil eye.  I just knew they were going to haul me off.  And y'all, they watched us the entire time we were there eating our breakfast.  I was so ready to get out of there.

After Cracker Barrel (where I purchase my daughter a new stuffed animal for nearly dismembering her), we may or may not have popped into Home Goods and picked up some Fall stuff.  I will neither confirm nor deny it,  just saying it might have happened.

Y'all have a good one!


No comments: