Tuesday, June 30, 2015

More of Life Lately

Summers are tough on me.  Before I had children, they were just like any other day of the year, just much hotter.  Now, I that I have children, I want to be home with my children on their summer break but I can't.  I must be at work making the bacon to take home.  I have vacation scheduled later in July for the beach house and I've been taking a day here and there for other stuff but I just want to be home.  Poolside would be nice too.  ha!

Bella is my shadow.  Always has been really, but lately she does not like being away from mommy at all.  She loves to help in the kitchen, work on craft projects with me, help in the yard, do laundry, take naps, watch shows, read, draw, color, shop, run errands.  You name it, she is 199% in it with me.  I say 199% because that is the magic number with her lately and I love it.  Her daddy recently let her bring home the bike he got for her a couple years ago that was sitting at his house.  She loves to ride so if we're home, I try to take her out to ride in the evenings.  She loves it....




She needs bigger bike so I'm working on that.  :)

If we're not riding, we're taking a walk....


One day last week, we had a baby shower at work for one of the girls expecting her first baby.  The girls asked me to make my strawberry bites. Bella wanted to help but her room needed cleaning.  I told her if she picked up her room, she could help mommy in the kitchen.  She did and her brother even helped a little.  After she was done, she wanted to rest but was a little afraid so she asked Chris to put all her stuffed animals around her.  Chris sent me this picture.  Can you find her in the bunch?  



And later.....our strawberry bites in the making....


My boo loves to get her nails done.  My issue with this is that her polish never lasts long at all, especially on her fingernails so its a real treat when mommy takes her to the salon to get a mani/pedi.  We went a couple weeks ago and got our 4th of July nails.  She was excited because I let her get "diamonds" on her toes.  Love this girl! 



Our cousin and his wife had a Father's Day pool party the Saturday before Father's Day and invited all the aunts, uncles and cousins over to enjoy their new pool.  It was sooooo nice.  I've always said hot days should be spent inside with the A/C, poolside or somewhere near water.  My opinion anyway.    

My view...


Some of the cousins...
L to R: Ashley (hostess), Veronica, Paige, Donna, Diane, Me & Dina

A day spent with family is a great day for me, especially when I get to spend it with some of mom's sisters because its like having mom around again.  Gosh I miss her. 

The other night, this was happening in my living room...a real life nerf gunfight.

Cute vs. Cuter


Bella would shoot and when she'd run out of bullets, she'd call time so she could reload and not get attached at the same time.  It was hilarious.  There were nerf bullets flying everywhere.

On Friday, I left work early to meet a roofing service to get an estimate on replacing my roof.  Back in April, we had a hailstorm hit.  I haven't seen any noticeable problems nor have I had any leaking but I've been paranoid and after talking to a few people, I'd opted to have my roof checked out.  Rather be safe than sorry. Turns out, our trees did protect a lot but there were still areas heavily damaged so the inspector recommended a full roof replacement.  He came out, gave me an estimate and will actually get started on it next week!  I expected to be on a waiting list but since my house but a small one, they can get to them pretty quick.  Win for me.  After that meeting, I was off to get the gray (or most of it ) covered up.  I opted for more blonde this go round.  Back in the day, I didn't have to get these highlights, my hair was naturally this blonde. I was feeling pretty sassy & refreshed.  
Too bad I didn't have a hot date that night :(....


This past weekend while Chris was cutting grass (or attempting to), Bella and I ran a few errands.  We were on the hunt for a belated Father's Day gift for Pop and new tops for me for work.  Bella's favorite store is Justice.  After asking a minimum of 199 times to go there I finally told that if she were good while we went to all the others places we needed to go and didn't ask me again, we would go.  That hushed her up, she behaved and much to my delight, no whining.  She was thrilled to find a "B" purse, and the added bonus is that it was on sale!!  An even bigger bonus is mommy gave her some change to put in it.  #bestmomever

  
Sunday, since we were already getting rain showers and Chris couldn't cut grass again, we went to one of our favorite happy places.  Promise not to get too jealous now...


Gosh we love that place...oh the money I could spend.  

That about sums up our life lately, well what I capture in pictures.  July 4th is this weekend and we are hoping to catch some fireworks and help celebrate a 50th birthday on Sunday.  I am looking forward to an extra day off as is my daughter.  And believe me, she is counting the days until beach house and the week mommy gets to stay home too!  20 days....

Y'all have a good one and I hope every now and then you get sweet little notes from a sweet little girl like I do...

  

No comments: