Thursday, June 11, 2015

Life Lately

To say that life lately has been happy, sweet and grand would be somewhat of a lie.  There have been moments like those, but there have been some struggles too.

Let's start with some happy stuff!  Miss Bella officially kicked her kindergarten year in the butt!  Sweet girl received a perfect attendance medal for the year as well as a certificate for A-B Honor Roll for the year.

Here she is accepting her certificate from her teacher, Mrs. Johnson and getting a hug :)


After all the awards were handed out, the kids performed a chant and my girl assisted on stage with the letter "T".   Each letter represented something they had learned during their kindergarten year.  It ended with them all screaming, "look out 1st grade, here we come!"  It was awesome.

Don't let this smiling face fool you.  That sweet smiling face right there below quickly faded to tears when somebody realized she wasn't going home like some of the other children were able to do, which by the way, really ticked me off.  So instead of fun smiling pictures of my girl with her awards, friends and teacher, I was explaining to my crying 6 year old who was holding on to me for dear life why she had to stay at school and mommy had to go to work.  It was awful (thanks parents).  I had to peel this sweet girl off of me and pass her to another teacher to help get her the rest of the way down the hall to her classroom.  What I found almost funny is, that is exactly what happened on the first day school back in August.  She ended up having a good day and all was right in the world again.


Another picture opportunity I missed out on was Bella giving her teacher the gift we made for her.  I really wanted to get a picture of them together with this but it didn't happen.  Thank you Pinterest for the cool year end teacher gift idea.  Isn't it cute?!?  We had a lot of fun making this.  Christopher even helped with this little project.



Speaking of Christopher.  Oh this child.  He made it to his sophomore year, but he will have to take Spanish again in the Fall.  Don't get me started.  He was struggling with English and Algebra as well but improved the latter part of the year.  It was all equal parts of not studying, not trying and just not understanding.  I've had several conversations with his counselor at school.  He is making improvements and using his resources for his 504 modifications but its gradually.  He wants very much to figure it all out on his own and not use the resources/modifications he has access to but doing it on his own is not working well for him.  We have been encouraging him to use the resources.  He saw an improvement in both Algebra and English once he utilized his resources so we are hoping he will continue this into next year and kick butt.  I am hoping and praying and praying some more that this next year will be the year that it all snaps for him and he gets it together. He also wants very much to show a goat at the fair through FFA.  He has to make improvements with his grades before I will allow that to happen.  I support him in wanting to do this.  I think it would be great for him, but this momma is not about to fork out the money for an animal he may or may not be eligible to show come fair time.  I want a better guarantee.  He asked for this animal late in the year.  I asked him to kick ass and take names with his grades.  He failed.  He will not get an animal for this next year.  I'm not going to reward him for failing.  I just can't do it. And believe me, it absolutely kills me to say no but he needs to show me he can be responsible and make the grades happen.  I know he can do it.  Just has to find his groove....

I will end on a good, happy note...

Look who graduated last week, Cori Ashley Rubio!!!!!  So stinkin' proud of this girl!!



And that's life lately....full of year end stuff!!

Y'all have a good one and I hope your summer is off to a great start!!


No comments: