Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Garden Is In

We finally got the garden done Good Friday.  I had just about given up hope that we would have one this year but Tony came through and we got her done the week before Easter.  I wasn't really planning on expanding but Tony made that decision for me, and I'm happy he did.  Bella was really excited because it meant we get to plant more flowers.  This year's garden has tomatoes-big ones and cherry ones, yellow squash, cucumbers, zucchini, green beans, jalapenos, carrots and strawberries.  The flowers are a mixture but does include our favorite zinnias and sunflowers.  I honestly can't remember all of them because I let Bella picked whatever seeds she wanted, I just made sure they were okay to plant now and not in the Fall.  For one of the rows, I mixed the seeds up so there would be a variety coming up.  We'll see how that does.

These pictures were taken 2 days ago.  Everything is up except for the carrots.




Also took a picture of my blackberry vine. This little baby has a ton of blooms on it and 3 more shoots coming up at the root.  So exciting.  There was a time last year I didn't know if it would make it, but it did and it looks really good. 



I still have some morning glory seeds to plant along the back fence. Need to do that before its too late.  Also want to get some cuttings from Daddy's passion vine and butterfly vine.  They both make really pretty flowers. All of those growing along the back fence would be pretty I think. 

So there you have my garden this year.  Hoping I will actually get some cucumbers!  

One more picture I want to share with you.... 


Bella loves her some bluebonnets. Our neighbor has some popping up in their flower beds so she's always telling me when a new one bloomed.  They've also been talking about them in school and this is her artwork with finger paints she did of them.  Couldn't be more beautiful.  Her Grammy loved bluebonnets so this picture is extra sweet to me.  Definitely frame worthy in my book.  Need to take this sweet girl for a drive to see fields of them for sure.  

Y'all have a good one.

No comments: