Monday, April 20, 2015

Hail No...Never Again!

Let me just say that I have been scared at times in my life but Friday night, I was terrified.  I have seen hail before, but baby hail, pea-sized hail...and might I add, not that much of it.  This hail was just shy of golf ball size and it felt like it was never going to stop.


Keep in mind, this was picked up out of the yard after it had finally stopping hailing and the rain had slowed down. Crazy ass stuff.  I do think I handled myself good for my babies, especially Bella who was screaming and crying for everything to stop.  We were all scared. I love a good thunderstorm but this...this was NO BUENO!  We made it through just fine.  Lots of limbs and debris around the yard which still needs to be picked up but its so wet, I made the decision to wait. I think the garden will be okay.  My car and Christopher's truck have a few dings in them but no major damage.  My roof is good.  We are all safe.  After things settled down, Bella calmed down a bit too and decided she was done with that weather...


Let me tell you that girl was out for the count!  It took me a while to calm my nerves but I finally fell asleep as well.  But may I say again for the record.  I don't ever want to go through that again.

Saturday afternoon I got a surprise.  Look who came to see me....


I think that smile on my face says everything.  I was so very happy to see my man.  It had been way too long.  His son's baseball tournament was cancelled so he made the trip South to see us.  So very sweet since we had a fundraiser benefit we were working Saturday and my niece's birthday party Sunday.  Short visit but a good visit.  Two months was way too long...missed him terribly.

I hope y'all had a good weekend with no hail!!

No comments: