Thursday, February 26, 2015

Happy Thursday

Took this stud to school this morning....



I'm a lucky girl :)

Funny story...we stopped at Shipley's this morning to get the boy some breakfast.  We pull out and stop at a light.

Chris:  Oh wow...that man is smoking in his truck with the windows rolled up.  That's crazy.
Me:  Lots of people do that. He's gonna smell purdy.

I glance over to the man and the truck sitting next to us when he pulls up a little more, the window rolls down and looks at us.  I look away and begged for the light to hurry up and turn green.

Chris:  Crap, maybe he read my lips when I said that.
Me:  Did he say anything?
Chris:  No, he just rolled down the window, looked and waved.
Me:  Was it a nice wave?  Did he smile?
Chris:  yeah, I guess.
Me:  Do you know him?
Chris:  nope

Light turns green, I pull away and get on down the road.  He's behind us a good ways.  Next light is red.  He pulls up to turn right at the light. Light turns green, we go.

Chris:  Dang....maybe he really did make out what I said.  He had his window down again hanging his head out looking back.
Me:  No he didn't
Chris:  Yes he did.
Me:  Maybe he thought he knew us?
Chris:  I didn't know him.
Me:  Me either.

Moral of the story...when you make a comment about someone sitting next to you in traffic, make sure you turn away so they can't read lips.  I don't know that he read Christopher's lips, maybe he was just being nice, but it was enough of an awkward moment that I wanted to get away from this truck as fast and as safely as possible.

And let me just say....I am not a fan of smokers. My mom smoked for 47 years.  47 years.  And that ultimately is what took her from us at 65 years of age. I wasn't a fan even before Mom died. I tolerated it because she enjoyed it and she was my mom. We all asked her to quit at one time or another.  I still have family and friends who smoke....and if you are one of them reading this, I don't love you any less, its just my preference not to smoke as it is yours to do it.  But, I do ask you to consider quitting.  :)

Okay...I'm done now.  Y'all have a great Thursday!

No comments: