Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Its Cook-Off Time in Texas!

The second half of fair week started off with a bang....or is it bust?  I came home Wednesday evening to no A/C.  Thank goodness a cool front had come through and the nights were much cooler otherwise I think we would have been bunking with some of our family.  I opened all the windows in the house so that made things better than they could have been.  I called the A/C guy (Wayne) first thing Thursday morning and honey (aka, Scott) met him at the house so I wouldn't have to take off work.  He had been down helping Tony get things together and set up for the cook-off.  Yay honey! After assessing the situation, getting a part (some dang valve) and changing it out, my A/C was running.  Big thanks to honey for handling that for me and for flipping the bill :).  I was scheduled to be off Friday for the cook-off so him being there was a huge help, otherwise I would have had to go into work Friday. Boo Hiss!  Honey did manage to help the guys get some things set up at cook-off before he took off to tend to my mess.  We headed out to cook-off Thursday night and hung out for a while...then spent all day Friday and all Saturday out there.  Sunday was tear down.  We placed 10th in Beans (thanks cousin Patrick) and 14th in Ribs (Kudos to my nephew Paul for entering those tasty ribs!!!)  We were so proud of Paul...nothing else mattered.

Our shrimp peelers...Paul, Chris, Levi & Scott...



Best of times with family....Me, Kristian & Bryan



My little cowgirl...such a little stinkpot prissy pants!!


One of our sponsors Mr. Hosaka came out to support but also wanted to help.  He dug right in and helped prep the ribs and whatever else he could.  He brought his camera and took a ton of pictures.  These are some of the few he sent us...they are so good!  I usually don't want anything to do with bbq for a couple months after cook-off but I have to say that after seeing these pics...its looks right tasty!  

Delicous Chicken...


 Brisket...


Shrimp...


Tony's Pulled Pork Sliders...


Secret Sauce



Levi working the pit...Tony in the background


View of our camp from the back....


It was another fun year, more fun for me because honey was able to join our family,help out and see what all the fuss was about too. Kinda hoping that man sticks around for years to come. As always, we got to see lots old friends and even made some new ones.  We love cook-off because it truly is a family affair...even Bella got in and rub some ribs down this year.  Everyone jumps in and helps.  Its a wonderful thing to observe in my opinion. If we do this again next year, y'all should come out and see us.  We'll be glad to feed ya!

We hope to see you again next year cook-off!!

No comments: