Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fair Time in Texas

The annual Brazoria County Fair made its way to our little town again and blew by just as fast.  As always, we enjoy our time while its here but happy to see it leave that Sunday. Honey and I started the first weekend out by seeing John Conlee & Mickey Gilley in concert.  Merle Haggard was originally supposed to perform but cancelled that Thursday or Friday before.  Kudos to the BCFA peeps for getting the fillers!  John Conlee was awesome!! Out of the two...he was my favorite, but I also knew every song he sang.  He also did a Merle Haggard song and then ended the night singing Amazing Grace.  People...I was crying like a baby.  It was one of the most beautiful versions I have ever heard.  Mickey Gilley was great too, but I didn't know every song of his, but he did perform a song tribute to Urban Cowboy and it was flipping awesome!

Me and honey at the concert....


Sunday we headed back out in the afternoon to catch my nephew Brady at Mutton Bustin'.  He held on longer than he did two years ago and didn't get stepped on this time so he was smiling. 

Two cutie cousins waiting to see Brady....


After we watched Brady, we headed to the fair where Miss Priss stopped to feed and love on all the animals at the petting zoo.  I'm telling you, it would not surprise me if this child winds up with farm and tons of animals!










After that, we went down to the art exhibit to check out Bella's award winning artwork that was submitted by her school.  
One proud little girl...as she should be!


1st place artwork folks!!  Meet Henrietta Cow.


This was the conversation between us while looking at her masterpiece...

Me:  Bella, that's an awesome picture honey!!
Bella:  I just didn't know how to draw a cow.
Me:  Well you did great!  You got a 1st place ribbon, that's #1! And I love how you gave her some eyelashes and a red tongue.
Bella:  Yeah, she had to have some glipgloss (lipgloss).  
Me:  Oh, okay...(laughing)

She had told Pop a week earlier it wasn't a very good cow.  To me, its the BEST!

I have more to share of the fair and cook-off but I'll break that into another post since this one is rather long with all the pics of my sweet girl.  

Hope you enjoyed the pics!!

No comments: